As A Writer You’re Job Isn’t Just To Write

We all know that in order to be a good writer you need to write. The question is how many words a day is a good day, or how long should I write?

  • Everyone is different and there’s no magic number.

You have to find your spot and go from there. If you’re in the moment and find that the words are flowing then why would you stop? Keep going.

I try and write at least 8-10 hours a day. That’s normal for me but if you’re a single mother or father that would be impossible.

Writers have strange rituals and there is no right answer.

Everyone is different. Take whatever idea you have and run with it. Even bad ideas may have something magical in it somewhere.

The best advice I have for unpublished writers is network. Facebook is your friend.

I have been invited to take part in anthologies because someone had read my book or knows that I write splatterpunk and they think that I would be a good fit in an anthology they’re putting out.

As a writer you’re job isn’t just to write

  • Always pay attention.

The reason so many stories are rejected is due to an author not paying attention to what they’re submitting too.

Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and submit to a genre you have never tried to write in.

Read the whole article here.


0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu